V. In case any Personal Data you provided us with will be identified as being “Sensitive Data” (such as, but not limited to, information with respect to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, sexual preference or religion), we will ask your explicit consent for the use of such Personal Data in case such is legally required.
We collect and use the following types of Personal Data:
(a) Specific information you provide
When you use our Service, you will provide us, at least, with your mobile phone number (and in this regard the information which mobile operator and mobile device you are using), and occasionally with other Personal Data such as your name and suburb. Additionally, you may also provide us with, without limitation, your age, your birth date, likes, dislikes, preferences, sex, sexual orientation, religion, ethnic origin and/or your friend’s/friends’ name(s); in regard to your friends, you may also provide us with further information of them (such as just described) or any other information you voluntarily share with us. From time to time, we may organize special events (for example so called “giveaways”). In connection with such events, you most likely will (need to) provide us with the aforesaid information too (in order to be able to participate). Furthermore, in case we are in postal, phone or electronic mail contact with you (for example because of a refund you are requesting), you will need to provide us with further Personal Data such as, but not limited to, your e-mail address, your postal address, bank account details and/or a copy of your passport (your passport may be needed in order to be able to identify you).
(b) Browsing information
(c) Social media networks
When you use our Service and provide us with any information described in § 2 (a) above, we will collect Personal Data about you as described above collected through our searches on search websites and social media networks including, but not limited to, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram and Twitter, to find and collect further information about you and/or your friends. Therefore, we will also collect your Personal Data through publicly accessible sources.
II. We collect and use your Personal Data for the purposes set out below.
For the performance of our agreement with you:
• Provision of the Services you requested;
• Provision, billing and performance of our website and our Services contained therein/available through it as well as our special events including, but not limited to, promotions, contests, campaigns, etc.;
• Provide customer support; and
• Ensuring the technical functioning of our website, our Services contained therein/available through it and our network responsible for allowing us to provide our Services to you.
To comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject:
• Any information referred to above in the section ‘Personal Data collect and use’ may be used to maintain appropriate business records, to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
For our legitimate commercial interests:
• Developing new Services, such based on your use of our Services;
• Auditing, research and (statistical) analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our website and our Services contained therein/available through it; Advertising and marketing of our Services;
• we will use your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes. In this context, from time to time, we will send you a marketing SMS (free of charge) in which we will inform you about our Service. At any time and in accordance with your rights described in this Policy, you may request the stop of further direct marketing messages;
• Protecting our (intellectual) property rights (including content that has been licensed to us) or other property of our users (e.g. your Personal Data);
• We may also use your Personal Data in the context of so called offline conversion tracking. In this regard, we may aggregate your mobile number together with the mobile numbers of others who have used our Services and transmit the data to Facebook, or any other social media platform, for the purpose of tracking whether or not you have reviewed/clicked a specific advertising of ours on such social media platform (mostly for analytical and statistical purposes). You can disable or adjust your privacy settings in your relevant social media account so that your Data may and will not be used for offline conversion tracking;
• In order to be able to create and update a personal profile of you, we may combine all your Personal Data we have collected from you; and
• The Personal Data referred to above in § 2 may also be used by us:
Use of information based on your consent:
• Furthermore, upon your explicit consent hereto (to the extent such consent is required) your Personal Data may also be used by us in order to inform you about our Services and special events. We may contact you via e-mail, telephone, post, SMS or equivalent electronic means - depending on what contact information we have received from you.
Neither our website nor our Services contained therein/available through it are intended for use by minors (people below the age of 18 years of age) without their legal representative’s consent (in this case, most likely your parents’). We will not knowingly collect any Personal Data submitted by minors if the respective legal representative has not allowed the collection of said information. Upon notification of our collection of personal data of a minor without the respective representative’s consent, we will promptly stop usage of such information. Therefore, if you are below the age of 18 years, please ensure that you receive your legal representative’s consent (most likely your parents’) to use our service before actually using our service.
We will only process your Personal Data for as long as we need it in order to be able to provide our Services to you, to execute any other functions as described herein and/or to fulfill any legal requirements We retain your personal data for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which they were collected and used, unless a longer period is necessary for our legal obligations (such as storing your mobile phone number for billing purposes) or to defend a legal claim. As statutory retention periods can vary depending on the record at stake, please contact us for more information.
Protecting your Personal Data is important to us. We use industry standard technology to protect your Personal Data. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data are properly secured using appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures, so that they are protected against unauthorised or unlawful use, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure, accidental or wrongful destruction, and loss. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet and via mobile communications networks can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result thereof, while we are committed to protecting your Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or through us.
Your Personal Data may be transferred to -and maintained on- computers located outside of your state, province, country or governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. Where we are legally required to do so, we have legally acceptable mechanisms in place that ensure an adequate level of protection for the transfers of Personal Data to parties outside your jurisdiction. For example, for data transfers from EU/EEA to countries outside this region, we have European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses or similar safeguards in place, allowing such data transfers.
I. In the following you will find a list with all individual rights you have in regard to the Personal Data we hold about you:
• Your right of access
If you ask us, we'll confirm whether we're processing your personal information and, if necessary, provide you with a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details). Please note that you might need to send us a copy of your passport ID or any other legal document that may verify your identity, too; this verification procedure is necessary in order to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access through any other person.
• Your right to rectification
you are entitled to request to have it rectified, if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete. If you are entitled to rectification and if we've shared your personal information with others, we'll let them know about the rectification where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we'll also tell you who we've shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
• Your right to erasure
In certain circumstances you can ask us to delete or remove your personal information such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable), provided there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing. If you are entitled to erasure and if we've shared your personal information with others, we'll let them know about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we'll also tell you who we've shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
• Your right to restrict processing
In certain circumstances you can ask us to 'block' or suppress the processing of your personal information, such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information or you object to us. If you are entitled to restriction and if we've shared your personal information with others, we'll let them know about the restriction where it is possible for us to do so. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we'll also tell you who we've shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
• Your right to data portability
In certain circumstances you have the right, to obtain personal information you've provided us with (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format such as Microsoft Excel) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
• Your right to object
You can ask us to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so, if we are:
You may contact us by sending:
(a) an e-mail to: [email protected]
(b) a letter to us at the following address:
Buddy Operations Pty Ltd
c/o Crowd Mobile Cooperatief U.A.
Piet Heinkade 95B
1019 GM Amsterdam